When you’re covered by UC SHIP, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine or medically necessary COVID diagnostic test without a referral.
If you were covered by UC SHIP and paid out of pocket for a vaccine before May 2021, or for a medically necessary diagnostic test before March 2020, Anthem will reimburse you for any costs you incurred, typically within 30 days.
How to Submit a Claim for Reimbursement
Take the following steps to be reimbursed for vaccines or medically necessary diagnostic tests:
- Obtain a copy of the receipt or proof of payment.
- Contact the provider for a copy of the claim.
- Complete a Medical Claim Form [PDF].
- Email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Anthem at (866) 940-8306.
How to Submit a Bill to Anthem
If you have a bill that you haven’t paid yet from a provider or lab for a COVID-19 vaccine or a medically necessary COVID-19 diagnostic test, take the following steps:
- Confirm you received a bill from a provider and not an Explanation of Benefits statement from Anthem.
- Contact the provider and give them your health insurance information.
- Ask the provider to submit the claim to Anthem.
Note: You will pay nothing out of pocket for COVID-19 vaccines or medically necessary COVID-19 diagnostic tests when the service is performed by an in-network Anthem PPO provider. You may be subject to balance billing, however, if you receive either of these services from an out-of-network provider.
Contact your student health center insurance staff if you have any related billing questions.