You can reduce the likelihood of transmitting COVID and its associated respiratory illnesses by taking the following everyday precautions:
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose, and use proper cough etiquette when coughing/sneezing.
- Avoid touching the area around your mouth, nose and eyes whenever possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers when soap and water are not available.
- Stay home when you’re sick, and remain at home or in your dorm until your fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicines.
- Call your campus student health center if you have questions or concerns about your status.